Founder & Managing Professional
Philip, having founded PGC Advocacy in 2018, takes responsibility for the management of all of our services.
He is substantively employed as a Law Tutor with University of Law at their Nottingham campus, as well as enjoying a self-employed practice as a Consultant Advocate for Ashley Taylors Legal Limited, often dealing with complex trials allocated to the small claims track. Philip has also accepted instructions in a number of Disciplinary and Fitness to Practise cases.
He provides tutoring in all core LL.B. areas as well as any subject with a base in advocacy, ethics and/or the criminal law. Philip’s experience within the legal sphere makes him, and PGC Advocacy, the first choice for aspiring legal professionals.
You can see a list of some of Philip’s notable achievements below;
- Fellow of the HEA
- LL.M – Distinction, Nottingham Trent University.
- Bar Professional Training Course – Very Competent, Nottingham Trent University
- LL.B. (Hons) in Law – 1st Class Honours, University of Derby.
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- The Criminal Bar Association
- The Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- The Family Law Bar Association
- The Institute of Paralegals (Fellow)
- The Professional Paralegal Register (Tier 4)
- The Centre for Crime and Justice Studies
- The Society of Legal Scholars
- The Association of Law Teachers
- Advance HE (Fellow)
- UK Centre for Animal Law
- Area Manager, St John Ambulance.
- Justice of the Peace for England and Wales, HM Judiciary.
- Discipline Commissioner, Nottinghamshire FA.
- Re: CW’s Fitness to Practise 
- A Government Department -v- R 
- BST -v- AL 
Outside of work, Philip enjoys; flight simulation, badminton and involving himself in charity work.